Job Listings 2014
Assistant Professor, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science (Beijing, China)
Department of Statistical Science at Institute of Systems Science, Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences invites applications for an assistant professor position in the area of Statistics. Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in statistics, biostatistics, or related fields and demonstrate excellence or potential in research. Proficiency in Chinese language is required. The position is subject to the outcome of interviews (or electronic interviews) in January, 2015 from Academy of Mathematics and Systems Science.
Department of Statistical Science has a group of ten faculties conducting research in statistical theory, industrial statistics, biostatistics and econometrics. As a traditional participant for national and huge tasks, Department of Statistical Science undertakes various projects that relate to aeronautics, aviation, nanoscience and other fields. New faculty members are encouraged to participate in these projects. Unlike in most universities, teaching activities are optional to faculty members.
Applicants should send a detailed curriculum vitae, representative research papers (unpublished ones are fine too), a research statement and five names of potential referees to both of
Dan Yu: firstname.lastname@example.org and Jianjun Shi: email@example.com
Statistician or Chemometrician, BASF Shanghai (Shanghai City, China)
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
As BASF is one of the biggest foreign investors in China, an Innovation Campus in the field of polymer and advanced material research has been established. This new research and development site is situated in Shanghai/Pudong. For our Statistics Team currently being established within the department Modeling and Formulation at the Innovation Campus we are looking for a Statistician or Chemometrician.
Working area: Research & Development
Location: BASF Auxiliary Chemicals Co. Ltd., Shanghai
Working hours: Full-time
Contract Type: Permanent
What you can expect:
You provide statistical support based on data analysis, data-based modeling and optimization. This comprises chemometrics, biometrics, process and quality control, as well as econometrics and risk analysis. From the beginning you will be responsible for projects in research and development, engineering and business units. In this context, you will communicate the ideas and solutions of statistical modeling to a broad community of non-statisticians. Furthermore, you will establish and maintain collaborations both with internal experts and with academic research groups in that domain evaluating new approaches and exploring new application opportunities.
What we expect:
You have successfully completed your PhD in chemistry, physics or chemical engineering. You have a strong background in mathematical statistics and experience in statistic applications. Besides, you have experience in using statistical software such as R, JMP or SAS. As a creative and motivated team player you are able to communicate your results to an interdisciplinary team. Ideally, you have Chinese language skills and already gained experience in Asian countries.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Expect to be surprised by the exciting range of career opportunities at BASF at http://www.basf.com/career.
Please apply online at http://www.basf.com/career or in writing to:
BASF Services Europe GmbH
Recruiting Services Europe
PO Box 11 02 48
10832 Berlin, Germany
For more information please contact:
Tel.: 00800 33 0000 33
Biostatistics Director, APAC Shanghai (Shanghai City, China)
Employer Job ID:K140 0
Biostatistics Director, APAC
Location: Shanghai, China (APAC HQ)
Report to: Global VP, Biostatistics
Our client is one of the TOP4 global CROO, with strategic expansion in APAC region currently.
• Represent the Biostatistics department in high-level internal initiatives, developing agendas and chair d departmental meetings
• Identify strategic needs within the B Biostatistics department in APAC region, leading the development of new SOPs and guidelines as needed
• Develop and successfully implement t a plan for strategic initiatives, including resources planning
• Represent at client marketing and technical meetings, resolving client problems when and as they arise e, coordinating development of client proposal documents
• Maintain and monitor budgets for n non-billable spending
• Manage the recruitment process for r new Biostatistics team members, evaluating and resolving complex personnel issues
• Provide support to Functional Lead in terms of changes in scope and contractual issues
• Identify the need for process and quality improvement initiatives
Desired Skills & Experience
• Master or PHD. Holder
• Strategic awareness of business environment
• Financial knowledge, able to read a Profit and Loss (P&L) summary and present financial information
• Detailed awareness of the activities of other groups internally
• Advanced people management and leadership skills
• Able to work with senior managers o on strategic initiatives
• Highly professional attitude
• Attention to detail
• Excellent analytical skills
• Able to work under pressure and motivate others
• Thorough understanding of statistical issues in clinical trials
• Excellent knowledge of all statistical and reporting processes within the Biostatistics department. Thorough understanding of e-submissions, eCTD, 21CFR pa arts 11, 54, 56, 312, and 314
• Thorough understanding of ICH guidelines
• Thorough understanding of regulatory guidance pertaining to specific indications and also to electronic submissions
• Thorough understanding of issues re elated to adaptive trials
Please kindly contact via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
KOH SEARCH INTERNATIONAL is a UK-based global recruitment adviser of choice among organizations seeking guidance and counsel on senior leadership needs. We work with clients across a range of industries, from the world’s largest companies to medium-sized businesses, entrepreneurial start-ups and nonprofit organizations.
Experience: Senior level
Functions: General Management
Employer Job ID: K140110